Sunday, July 15, 2012

Most Recent Cover Letter

July 15, 2012

Company
Address
City, State, Numbers

Dear lady whose name I found on the website and I don't actually know if you're the correct person to contact,

In my 22 years of life on this earth, I have yet to encounter anything as personally gratifying, intellectually stimulating, and genuinely fun as Working. That must explain why I've so enjoyed Working since I was 16. The experiences and wisdom that I have gained from Working are simply incomparable and that's why I've decided to continue Working. While perusing the Internet, I came across your job posting and it really caught my eye. That is an example of my critical reading skills and my ability to multi-task, as I was going through wedding albums on Facebook at the same time. This position would really bolster my appreciation and passion for Working, and I think you will find that I have specific, integral assets that set me apart from other candidates.

Unlike many twenty-somethings currently entering the workforce, I have the many luxuries and benefits that one obtains from a BA in English. As an English major, I am able to speak English (fluently), write in English (fluently), and understand nuances and symbols found in both English-language literature and film. This past year, I completed a senior capstone project that is required for graduation. This process taught me the importance of a strong work ethic, creative problem solving, and taking pride in what I produce. Did I mention it was 140 pages long? I know that number seems large, but that's only because it is.  I wrote a collection of short stories, an impressive example of just how creative I am. You didn't explicitly mention anything about creativity in the posting, but I'm pretty sure you meant to. Taking creative license with the English language is something that most people--writers, musicians, poets--don't usually do. In that way, I guess you can consider me something of a risk taker.

Aside from my academic skill set, you should know that most of my Work experience has taken place in an office setting. This is why I love Working so much! I am a master of telephone skills, both answering and talking. I have very neat penmanship. I am funny but not abrasive. I am pretty but not the kind of pretty where it's going to get anybody in trouble (IE: small chest). I iron my clothes before I put them on and I try to smell nice. I know the alphabet very well and am very good at putting things in that order. Though if you prefer it a different way, just tell me! I believe that communication in the office is key and I am also very good at adjusting to change. I know how computers work and I know how to use fax machines. I make coffee. All of these skills make up my skill set, a set of skills of which I am very proud. I bring pride to whatever task I am assigned and I want to make you proud, too. I want to set my pride and my skill set into motion by Working for you.

Thank you so much for the time you have dedicated to reading this letter. I understand that many people write you letters, so I am honored that you are reading mine. I greatly look forward to hearing from you and discussing the position! If you have any further questions about my education or work history, do not hesitate to ask.

I do not do Photo Shop.

Sincerely,

Katherine.

No comments:

Post a Comment